|Affiliation||Department of Computer Science and Engineering|
|Title||Professor / Presidential Advisor（Information Affairs） / Director of Center for Human-Robot Symbiosis Research|
|Fields of Research||Cognitive Science / Social Robotics / Interaction Design|
|Academic Societies||Japanese Society for Ecological Psychology / Human Interface Society / Information Processing Society of Japan / Japanese Cognitive Science Society|
Please append "tut.jp" to the end of the address above.
|Laboratory website URL||http://www.icd.cs.tut.ac.jp|
|Researcher information URL||Researcher information|
We are conducting research on underlying mechanisms of our everyday communication from multidisciplinary perspectives, cognitive science, ecological psychology, socio-cultural approach and cognitive robotics.
One of our research projects is to develop sociable artificial creatures, Sociable Trash Box, Talking-Ally, Muu, Makono-te and Pelat, which can be carrying vehicles for investigating social organization and developmental processes in the relationships between human and social artifacts.
Our research focus not only on building sociable artificial creatures as applications to novel human interfaces and social learning environments, but also on social intelligence emerged from the interaction between sociable creatures and social others.
Our research findings provide to give sociable artifacts social skills so as to be social entities in human-inhabited environments, and they can be used for novel collaborative learning scheme for language learning and communication skills training scheme for children.
- Khaoula Youssef, Takahiro Asano, P . Ravindra S. De Silva, and Michio Okada: Sociable Dining Table: Meaning Acquisition Exploration in Knock-Based Proto-Communication, International Journal of Social Robotics, First online (30 August 2015).
- Naoki Ohshima, Yusuke Ohyama, Yuki Odahara, P. Ravindra S De Silva and Michio Okada: Talking-Ally: The Influence of Robot Utterance Generation Mechanism on Hearer Behaviors, International Journal on Social Robotics, Vol. 7, Issue 1, pp.51-62 (2014).
- Yuto Yamaji, Taisuke Miyake, Yuta Yoshiike, P. Ravindra S De Silva and Michio Okada: STB:Child-Dependent Sociable Trash Box, International Journal of Social Robotics, Vol.3, No.4, pp.359-370 (2011).
- RO-MAN 2015 Best Paper Award - Finalist, Hitomi Matsushita, Yohei Kurata, P. Ravindra S De Silva, and Michio Okada: "Talking-Ally: What is the Future of Robot's Utterance Generation?", The 24th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 2015), August 31 to Sep 4 (2015).
- HRI2013 Best Demonstration Award Honorable Mention Demonstration, Yasutaka Takeda, Shohei Sawada, Tatsuya Mori, Kohei Yoshida, Yu Arita, Takahiro Asano, Naoki Ohshima, P. Ravindra De Silva and Michio Okada: Sociable Creatures for Child-Robot Interaction Studies, Proc. of the 8th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction Demonstration Session, HRI'13, March 3-6 (2013).
- HRI 2010 Best Late-Breaking Report Award, Yuto Yamaji, Taisuke Miyake, Yuta Yoshiike, P. Ravindra De Silva and Michio Okada: STB: Human-Dependent Sociable Trash Box, Proc. of 5th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction, March 2-5 (2010).
- ICSR 2010 Best Paper Award - Finalist, Yuto Yamaji, Taisuke Miyake, Yuta Yoshiike, P. Ravindra De Silva and Michio Okada, STB: Intentional Stance Grounded Child-dependent Robot, Proc. of International Conference on Social Robotics, November 23-24 (2010).
Title of class
Data Analysis Theory / Multivariate Analysis Theory / Human Interface Design / Robot Informatics