Computer Science and Engineering
Information and Intelligence to Open the World
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has an organizational structure that can respond dynamically to the evolution in IT and ICT, and its research fields are closely related.
Here are some examples of the education and research we carry out:
- Information processing technology ranging from basic technology, which supports the infrastructure for our computer-based advanced information society and intellectual society, to applied technology such as software containing algorithms and computational theories
- Building advanced computer types, such as computers containing parallel processing and embedded computer
- Data science, analyzing big data using deep learning
- Internet application technology using the web or cellphones
- Multimedia information processing and interface technology for texts, audio, image, etc.
- Intelligent, interactive, and ubiquitous sensing technology aimed at symbiosis of humans and robots - investigation of perception and cognitive mechanisms of humans and their application to communication technology
- Understanding and modeling intelligence in life, nature, and society
- Advanced large-scale software system development technology and its application to computational science.
In this manner, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is unique in that it conducts a wide range of research on Information and Intelligence Technology, from basic to applied technology, including cross-disciplinary research.
Fields of Study
- Computer and Mathematics Science
- Data Informatics
- Human and Brain Informatics
- Media Informatics and Robotics
- Computer and Information Science Course
- Information and Systems Science Course