Japanese Government Scholarship (University Recommendation) : Special Program
Japanese Government (MONBUKAGAKUSHO:MEXT) Scholarship (University Recommendation) 2022
MEXT Scholarship (University Recommendation, Special Program) is available for participants of the "Global Rotation Program for Architecture and Civil Engineering Education Bridging ASEAN and African Countries". It is NOT possible to apply for this scholarship in addition to the "University Recommendation (General Program)".
Number of Candidates to be recommended by TUT to MEXT
Master's course:1 Docoral Course:4
For details, please refer to the following guidelines.
Please note that there are several requirements for applicants, described as "Qualifications and Conditions" in the guidelines. The applicants must satisfy all of these qualifications and conditions.
1. Check application qualification and conditions
- Check Application Guidelines and Academic Performance Entry Sheet to confirm whether your grade point average is 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above of the most recent academic degree
- Check whether you satisfy other required qualifications and conditions stated in the application guidelines
2. Find your prospective supervisor
There are so many inquiries to our faculty members.
Please carefully check the field of research, etc., and make polite inquiries to the supervisors you wish to be accepted.
Please refrain from sending emails to many faculty members at once.
After confirming that you satisfy all the necessary qualifications and conditions, please look for your prospective supervisor from Department Information and Faculty Members List and contact them to consult about your research objectives. You must get the copy of the "Letter of Acceptance" from the supervisor to apply for the scholarship. The template format can be downloaded only by the supervisor.
Please Note: The university administration office will not introduce the supervisors to applicants.
3. Submit application documents
Send all required documents by e-mail and by international express mail to the address below.
Application documents submitted to;
International Student Section
International Affairs Division Office
Toyohashi University of Technology, Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi, 441-8580, JAPAN
Email: ryugaku@office (*Please add ".tut.ac.jp" at the end of the email address.)
Application deadline (Both by email and by post)
January 31, 2022 (Japan Time)
- The copy of the Letter of the acceptance (Only prospective supervisors of TUT can download the format. Please send this document only by email. Do not need to submit it by post.)
- 2022 Application form for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship【MEXT_application_form_sp】
- Field of Study and Research Plan【MEXT_study_plan_sp】
- Official Academic Transcripts from undergraduate school (Originals or Certified copies)
- Certificate of Graduation or Provisional Certificate from undergraduate school (Originals or Certified copies)
- Publication list for MEXT Scholarship Application【MEXT_publication_list】
- Abstract of Thesis (if completed) or a description of your thesis research in progress
- Proof of high performance or good achievement record
- Recommendation Letter
- Certificate of language proficiency
- CV (Any Format but, it must include all of your academic and employment history.)
- Photocopy of passport
- Declaration sheet for MEXT Scholarship Application【MEXT_declaration_sp】
- Check list of documents for Japanese Government Scholarship【MEXT_ms_check】
- Academic Performance Entry Sheet【ap_entry_sheet】
Schedule of Selection for 2022 (Tentative)
|2022/01/31||Deadline for Japanese Government(MEXT)Scholarship Application|
|2022/03||Applicants will be notified of the screening results of MEXT scholarship by TUT|
|2022/05||Application deadline for International Master's/Doctoral Degree Program*Please note that our website will be updated at around the end of January, 2022.|
|2022/06||Candidate of MEXT scholarship will be notified of the MEXT decision|
|2022/10/01||Enrollment as a Regular student of International Master's/Doctoral Degree Program|
For inquiries, please contact
|Address||International Affairs Division
Toyohashi University of Technology
1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi, 441-8580, Japan
*Please add ".tut.ac.jp" at the end of the email address.
［Date Created］26 Dec 2018 / ［Date Updated］2 Feb 2022