Japanese Government Scholarship (University Recommendation) : General
Japanese Government (MONBUKAGAKUSHO:MEXT) Scholarship (University Recommendation) 2021
For details, please refer to the following guidelines.
Please note that there are several requirements for applicants, described as "Qualifications and Conditions" in the guidelines. The applicants must satisfy all of these qualifications and conditions.
Applicants can not apply for the special category at the same time.
Number of Candidates to be recommended by TUT to MEXT : 2
1. Check application qualification and conditions
- Check Application Guidelines and Academic Performance Entry Sheet to confirm whether your grade point average is 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above of the most recent academic degree.
- Applicants' nationality is limited to the countries listed here.
- Check whether you satisfy other required qualifications and conditions stated in the application guidelines.
2. Find your prospective supervisor
There are so many inquiries to our faculty members.
Please carefully check the field of research, etc., and make polite inquiries to the supervisors you wish to be accepted.
Please refrain from sending emails to many faculty members at once.
After confirming that you satisfy all the necessary qualifications and conditions, please look for your prospective supervisor from Department Information and Faculty Members List and contact them to consult about your research objectives. After getting the supervisor's acceptance, please send them all required documents before the application deadline.
Please Note: The university administration office will not introduce the supervisors to applicants, and it is very important to communicate directly with your supervisor well in advance.
3. Submit application documents
Send all required documents by e-mail first, then by international express mail to the supervisor (hard copies).
Please DO NOT send the documents directly to the International Affairs Division Office.
Application documents directly sent to the International Affairs Division Office will not be accepted.
Application documents submitted to;
Atten: Prof.***(Your prospective supervisor's name)
Department of *** (your prospective department)
Toyohashi University of Technology, Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi, 441-8580, JAPAN
Application deadline (Obtaining the informal consent of the academic advisor and submitting the application documents to the academic advisor.)
January 25, 2021 (Japan Time)
- 2021 Application form for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship【MEXT_application_form_general】
- Field of Study and Research Plan【MEXT_study_plan_general】
- Official Academic Transcripts from both undergraduate and graduate schools (Originals or Certified copies)
- Certificate of Graduation or Provisional Certificate from both undergraduate and graduate schools (Originals or Certified copies)
- Publication list for MEXT Scholarship Application【MEXT_publication_list】
- Abstract of Thesis (if completed) or a description of your thesis research in progress
- Proof of high performance or good achievement record
- Recommendation Letter
- Certificate of language proficiency
- CV (Any Format but, it must include all of your academic and employment history.)
- Photocopy of your passport
- Declaration sheet for MEXT Scholarship Application【MEXT_declaration_general】
- Check list of documents for Japanese Government Scholarship【MEXT_ms_check】
- Academic Performance Entry Sheet【ap_entry_sheet】
Schedule of Selection for 2021 (Tentative)
|2021/01/25||Deadline for Japanese Government(MEXT)Scholarship Application in TUT|
|2021/03||Applicants will be notified of the screening results of MEXT scholarship by TUT|
|2021/05||Application deadline for International Master's/Doctoral Degree Program*Please note that our website will be updated at around the end of January, 2021.|
|2021/06||Candidate of MEXT scholarship will be notified of the MEXT decision|
|2021/10/01||Enrollment as a Research student or Regular student of International Master's/Doctoral Degree Program|
For inquiries, please contact
|Address||International Affairs Division
Toyohashi University of Technology
1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi, 441-8580, Japan
*Please add ".tut.ac.jp" at the end of the email address.