Graduates from Toyohashi University of Technology are active all over the world as "practical and leading engineers."
|Graduate schools||Work in Japan||Work abroad|
|Fourth-year Undergraduate Program||58%||6%||8%|
|Second-year Master's Program||15%||36%||9%|
|Third-year Doctoral Program||2%||20%||32%|
Through a unified undergraduate to graduate education, TUT trains advanced engineers equipped with the outstanding skills in technological development needed to drive industry in Japan and the world.
All fourth-year undergraduate students undergo at least a 2-month internship in order to learn how to apply techniques and theories and to become accustomed to life in an actual work environment. With these practical skills, 58% of international students go on to our graduate program.
We provide active employment support for students, such as career guidance, company information sessions, and employment lectures.
After the master's degree program, 15% of international students go on to our doctoral degree program. 45% of TUT graduates gain employment immediately after graduation, 36% of them find work in Japan, 9% work abroad.
After the doctoral degree program, more than 50% of Ph.D. international students gain employment immediately after graduation, 20% of them find work in Japan, 32% work abroad.
After graduating from TUT, our alumni move on to active careers in corporations and universities all over the world, including Japanese corporations.
Where international graduates are employed
- Canon Opto (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
- Central Nippon Expressway Company Limited
- Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
- Fujitsu Limited
- Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Chemical Company, Ltd.
- KDDI Thailand Ltd.
- Konica Minolta, Inc.
- LG Electronics Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
- NH Foods Ltd.
- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- OSG Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Suzuki Motor Corporation
- Toshiba Corporation
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Yamaha Electronics Manufacturing
- Yuraku Confectionery Co., Ltd.
- and more
Education or research institutions
- Bandung Institute of Technology
- China Academy of Space Technology
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
- Lampung University
- Marshall University
- Mongolian University of Science and Technology
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- National University of Laos
- Tanta University
- The Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- University of São Paulo
- University of Science Malaysia
- University of Technology Malaysia
- University of the Philippines
- University of Waterloo
- Kanagawa University
- Kyoto University
- The University of Tokyo
- Tohoku University
- Toyohashi University of Technology
- and more