|Affiliation||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|Fields of Research||Fluid Dynamics, Aeroacoustics|
|Degree||Dr. Eng. （Toyohashi Univ. Tech.)|
|Academic Societies||The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, The Japan Society of Fluid Mechanics, The Visualization Society of Japan, Society of Automotive Engineers of Ja|
Please append ".tut.ac.jp" to the end of the address above.
|Laboratory website URL||http://aero.me.tut.ac.jp/|
|Researcher information URL（researchmap）||Researcher information|
I'm interested in fluid dynamics and fluid engineering. Especially, aeroacoustics and turbulence phenomena are my main topics. Wind tunnel experiments and numerical simulations are attempted to understand aeroacoustics and turbulence. My research fields are including not only fundamental fluid-dynamics but also industrial developments such as the development of low noise high speed trains. I would like to cooperate with young students through research and development. I'm sure of that a lot of experiences of my academic and industrial researches will help with growth of students.
(1) To understand the mechanism of aerodynamic noise generation, instantaneous vorticity fields and sound field are measured with dynamic PIV and microphone array in a low-noise wind tunnel. As a result, the noise source distributions can be obtained with above experiments. The noise source measurement is important to understand relationship between the fluid dynamics and acoustics and to important to find out noise reduction techniques.
(2) Numerical simulations are also conducted by using Lighthill acoustic tensor. To simulate turbulent flow fields, large eddy simulations are utilized.
(1) Realization of large-scale turbulence to examine its statistical features and to make the wind tunnel simulations of wind-environment and atmospheric diffusion.
(2) Control of the three-dimensional structure of coherent vortices in wakes and jets.
(c) Industrial fluid engineering
(1) Development of low-noise high speed trains
(2) Development of low-noise and low-drag automobiles
(3) Development of micro air vehicles
(4) Development of renewal energy system
Magunas wind turbine, Vertical axis wind turbine, Thermoacoustics engines
Title of class
Introduction to Physics
Engineering of Turbulence