Comprehensive partnership with the city of Kosai in Shizuoka Prefecture
11 Nov 2019
The university entered into a comprehensive partnership with the city of Kosai in Shizuoka Prefecture. The two parties will share their human and intellectual resources and utilize their material resources and work together in a wide variety of fields such as industrial development and town planning to contribute to regional development and cultivate capable individuals.
A signing ceremony was held at Kosai City Hall on November 11, with mayor Takeshi Kageyama and university president Takashi Onishi each signing the agreement.
The goals of the partnership are as follows.
- Promote regional industries
- Make improvements to lifelong learning, culture, and social welfare
- Promote regional manufacturing, urban planning prepared for natural disasters, and more
- Cultivate capable individuals
- Achieve a society that is sustainable (according to the principles of the SDGs), utilizes IoT, and is multicultural
In terms of concrete activities going forward, the two parties intend to support employment activities, provide business consultations with local enterprises, offer job-hunting opportunities for students at companies in Kosai, provide internships, and hold public lectures (off campus classes).
As the university rooted in the region, the school will continue to work with the community going forward.