|Affiliation||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|Fields of Research||Heat transfer, Two-phase flow in porous media, Electrohydrodynamics|
|Degree||Ph. D(Nagoya University)|
|Academic Societies||Japan Society of Mechanical / Engineers Heat Transfer Society of Japan/Japan Association for Heat Pipe|
Please append ".tut.ac.jp" to the end of the address above.
|Laboratory website URL||http://ec.me.tut.ac.jp/|
|Researcher information URL（researchmap）||Researcher information|
Theme1：Study on investigation of two-phase thermal hydraulics in a capillary evaporator of a loop heat pipe for practical application
A porous structure called as a wick is placed in the evaporator of the LHP in order to generate a capillary force as the driving force. So, physics of vapor-liquid two-phase flow in the porous structure with a phase change is dominant. Since the physical phenomena of the evaporator is not understood well, the design method such as wick shape has not been established. Therefore, we investigate the physical phenomena by three-dimensional analysis and visualization experiment then, to build optimum design theory based on the thermal-hydraulics is out goal.
Selected publications and works
- M. Nishikawara, H. Nagano, and M. Prat, “Numerical Study on Heat Transfer Characteristics of Loop Heat Pipe Evaporator Using Three-Dimensional Pore Network Model,” Applied Thermal Engineering, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.02.050
- M. Nishikawara, H. Nagano, “Optimization of wick shape in a loop heat pipe for high heat transfer,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 104, pp. 1083-1089, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2016.09.027
- 西川原理仁，長野方星，“ポアネットワークモデルを用いたループヒートパイプ蒸発器の気液熱流動挙動の解析（多孔体内気液分布と熱伝達特性）”日本伝熱学会論文集, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp.71-80, 2015. http://doi.org/10.11368/tse.23.71
- M. Nishikawara and H. Nagano, “Parametric Experiments on a Miniature Loop Heat Pipe with PTFE Wicks,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 85, pp. 29-39, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2014.05.016
- M. Nishikawara, H. Nagano, and T. Kaya, “Transient Thermo-Fluid Modeling of Loop Heat Pipes and Experimental Validation”, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 641-647, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.2514/1.T3888
Theme2：Liquid-vapor two-phase flow in a porous media
Immiscible flow in a porous media is utilized in heat pipes, boiling heat-transfer, gas diffusion layers (GDL) in fuel cells and so on, thanks to increasing of interface area and development of capillary force.
The purpose of this study is basic investigation of two-phase thermal hydraulics in capillary structure, specifically mechanism of nucleation at incipience and phase displacement since first bubble generates.
Theme3：Development of heat transfer devices using electrohydrodynamics phenomenon
Electrohydrodynamics (EHD) pumps using Coulomb's force have advantages of no noise and no vibration because of no mechanical moving parts.
This study investigates electrode configuration for developing high pressure and flow rate and develops the thermal devices using the EHD phenomenon.
Title of class
- Creative Experiment for Mechanical Engineering
- Physics Laboratory