Aichi Scholarship Program 2023
Applications are now being accepted.
The Aichi Prefectural Government is currently taking applications for the Aichi Scholarship Program. Utilizing scholarship money provided by the prefectural government, students from Asia will travel to Aichi and enroll in graduate school after six-month research period to study the specialized fields and related subjects that support Aichi's manufacturing industry. After completing their courses of study, these students will then be highly expected to seek employment within Aichi.
- This guideline may be subject to change in accordance with guideline of Aichi Prefectural Government.
- Aichi Prefectural Government Web Site : Aichi Shcholarship Program
- Those who are already in Japan are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Those students who wish to apply for this scholarship need to contact and discuss with the supervisor of Toyohashi University of Technology to get his/her approval before the application.
You can search our faculty staff by checking Department Information and Faculty Members List.
2.Terms and Conditions
UN member states except Japan and North Korea ＊Applicants must hold citizenship of, and currently reside in outside of Japan.
Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of April 1, 2023
c) Academic Degree:
Applicants must have bachelor's degree or equivalent thereof.
*Applicants must have completed or will complete 16-year regular school education by the end of March, 2023.
d) Field of Study:
Applicants must study a subject recognized as pertinent to the support of Aichi's manufacturing industry.
Applicants must be healthy enough to accomplish the program, both mentally and physically.
f) Japanese Language Ability:
Applicants must satisfy the following two conditions.
- Those who have a good enough command of the Japanese language to study and seek employment in Aichi, or have the prospect of obtaining sufficient language ability.
- Those who have passed level N2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) at the time of application.
g) Post-Scholarship Employment:
Applicants must have the intention to seek employment at a company that has its headquarters or branch office located within Aichi (whether or not work placement should fall in Japan.)
During the first year of their master's course study, applicants must participate in internship programs.
i) Other Scholarships:
- Applicants must not be receiving scholarships or grants from any other organization, including the Japanese government of their home country.
- Spouses of students currently receiving scholarship from the Aichi Prefectural Government are not eligible to apply.
j) Date of Arrival:
Applications must be able to come to Japan by October 2023 on a day to be designated by the Governor. Even if the applicant's arrival in Japan is delayed due to reasons approved by the Governor, such as restrictions on entry into Japan, the applicant must arrive in Japan by the end of March 2023, by which time the applicant will be able to take the entrance examination for the graduate school for the 2023 academic year.
k) Other Conditions:
- Applicants must be admitted as a research student at a graduate school located within Aichi Prefecture from the period of October 2023 to March 2024.
- After arriving in Japan, applicants must enroll in the national health insurance system.
Wed., 26th of April 2023
*All application documents must be submitted by email first, then by postal mail.
|Address||Atten: Prof.***(Your prospective supervisor's name)
Department of *** (your prospective department)
Toyohashi University of Technology, Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi, 441-8580, JAPAN
4.Number of Students
5 scholarship recipients for 2023 for all Aichi Prefecture
The Aichi Scholarship Program provides the followings:
1. Living allowance - 150,000 yen per month
*The amount of living allowance in principle will be reduced under the following circumstances:
・You leave Japan for more than 30 days.
・You take a leave of absence from school.
2. Travel expenses to Japan
- Travel expenses to Japan - A predetermined amount of money, decided by the Governor, will be provided to each applicant to allow travel from their nearest international airport to Central Japan International Airport (economy class).
- Travel expenses from Japan - As a general rule, return airfare will not be provided.
3. School Expenses - Entrance examination fees, entrance fees and tuition for both research and graduate study.
4. Period of Scholarship - 2 years and 6 months beginning October 2023 and ending March 2026.
*If a scholarship student is judged to have violated the pledge or likely to complete their study, the scholarship will be terminated at that time. If an applicant cannot pass the entrance examination for the master's course entrance examination before March 2024, the scholarship will be terminated at the end of the following month of the announcement of the test result.
*You must discuss with your supervisor at Toyohashi University of Technology before the application.
*You can search our faculty staff by checking Department Information and Faculty Members List.
- Application Form [Form 1_2023.doc]
- Pledge [Form 2_2023.doc]
- Certificate of health (issued within the past 6 months) [Form 3_2023.doc]
- Proof of Graduation (2 sheets)(copy of certificate of graduation, diploma, or degree) or a Certificate of Student Status and Proof of Expected Graduation (if the applicant is in college)(Originals or Certified copies)
- Academic Record issued by the university from which applicant graduated (2 sheets)(Originals or Certified copies)
- Certified copy of Passport (if the applicant does not have a passport upon application, a certified copy of the applicant's birth certificate or citizenship certificate will be sufficient)
- Recommendation Letter to in English by the Dean/ Department Chairperson (or person of higher position) of the University Department from which the applicant graduated (No specific form)
- Recommendation Letter to in English by the supervisor (or person of higher position) from which the applicant graduated (No specific form)
- Passport-sized photos (4 cm by 3cm, taken within the last 6 months. In the photos, the applicant must be facing forward, the upper torso and face must be clearly visible, and the applicant must not be wearing a hat. The applicant's name and nationality must be written on the back of each photo.)(3 pieces)
- Certificate or Proof of your Language Ability (Proof of both English language and Japanese language skill are recommendable.)
- Japanese Translation of "14. Study Plan" and "15. Proposed Work Plan After Completing the Program" on 1) Application Form.
- Japanese Translation of 7) Recommendation Letter to the governor of Aichi Prefecture.
7.Application Procedure and other information
- Toyohashi University of Technology will set up the Selection Committee in order to select candidates and recommend them to Aichi Prefecture. The Aichi Scholarship Program Selection Committee will decide recipients among all the candidates recommended by universities in Aichi Prefecture.
The selection results will be announced to the recommending universities by the end of July 2023.
- The living allowance for March 2026 will not be paid if a student fails to earn notification of employment by the end of January 2026.
- Documents will not be returned once they are submitted.
- Incomplete documents or applicants submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Student Affairs Division,
Toyohashi University of Technology
*Please add ".tut.ac.jp" at the end of the email address.
［Date Created］12 Feb 2021 / ［Date Updated］24 Mar 2023