Aichi Scholarship Program 2019
The Aichi Prefectural Government is currently taking applications for the Aichi Scholarship Program. Utilizing scholarship money provided by the prefectural government, students from Asia will travel to Aichi and enroll in graduate school after six-month research period to study the specialized fields and related subjects that support Aichi's manufacturing industry. After completing their courses of study, these students will then be highly expected to seek employment within Aichi.
- This guideline may be subject to change in accordance with guideline of Aichi Prefectural Government.
- Aichi Scholarship 2019 will be confirmed after Aichi Prefectural Government Council approves the budget for FY 2019 at the end of March, 2019.
- Those who are already in Japan are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Those student who wish to apply for this scholarship need to contact and discuss with the supervisor of Toyohashi University of Technology to get his/her approval before the application.
2.Terms and Conditions
Applicants must hold citizenship of, and currently reside in, the following Asian counties: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of April 1, 2019, i.e. born on or after April 2, 1984.
c) Qualifications for Applicants:
Applicants must have bachelor's degree or equivalent thereof.
*Applicants must have completed or will complete 16-year regular school education by the end of March, 2020.
d) Field of Study:
Applicants must study a subject recognized as pertinent to the support of Aichi's manufacturing industry.
Applicants must be healthy both mentally and physically.
f) Japanese Language Ability:
Applicants must have a fairly good command of the Japanese language (N2 on Japanese Language Proficiency Test or above is recommendable) to study and seek employment in Aichi, or have the prospect obtaining sufficient language ability.
*Mater's Course subjects for Aichi scholarship students are mostly given in Japanese. Aichi scholarship students must study Japanese language during the first half year of research student period.
g) Post-Scholarship Employment:
Applicants must have the intention to seek employment at a company that has its headquarters or branch office located within Aichi (whether or not work placement should fall in Japan.)
During their course of the study, applicants must participate in an internship program offered by companies introduced by the Aichi Prefectural Government.
i) Other Scholarships:
Applicants must not be receiving scholarships or grants from any other organization, including the Japanese government of their home country. Also, spouses of students currently receiving scholarship from the Aichi Prefectural Government are not eligible to apply.
j) Date of Arrival:
Applications must be able to come to Japan by October 2019 on a day to be designated by the Governor.
k) Other Conditions:
Applicants must be admitted as a research student at a graduate school located within Aichi Prefecture from the period of October 2019 to March 2020. After arriving in Japan, applicants must enroll in the national health insurance system.
Friday, 5th of April 2019
*All application documents must be submitted by email first, then by postal mail.
|Address||Atten: Prof.***(Your prospective supervisor's name)
Department of *** (your prospective department)
Toyohashi University of Technology, Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi, 441-8580, JAPAN
4.Number of Students
5 scholarship recipients for 2019 for all Aichi Prefecture
1. Living allowance - 150,000 yen per month
*The amount of living allowance in principle will be reduced under the following circumstances:
・You are out Japan for more than 30 days.
・The registered absence or long leave.
The living allowance will be reduced to 100,000 yen per month from April 2021, if you fail to pass the N4 or higher level of Japanese Language Proficiency Test organized by the Japanese Foundation and Japanese Educational Exchanges and Services by the end of March 2021. The allowance will be increased to 150,000 yen per month from the month following the day you submit the passing certificate to the Aichi Prefectural Government after you pass the N4 or higher level of Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
2. Travel expenses to Japan - A predetermined amount of money, decided by the Governor, will be provided to each applicant to allow travel from their nearest international airport to Central Japan International Airport (economy class).
*Travel expenses from Japan - As a general rule, return airfare will not be provided.
3. School Expenses - Entrance examination fees, entrance fees and tuition for both research and graduate study.
4. Period of Scholarship - 2 years and 6 months beginning October 2019 and ending March 2022.
*When the pledge is breached or a scholarship student is judged unlikely to complete his/her study, the scholarship will be terminated at that time. If an applicant cannot pass the entrance examination for the Master's course before March 2020, the scholarship will be terminated at the end of that month.
Please use "Application Check Sheet" for your reference.
- Application Form [Form 1]
- Pledge [Form 2]
- Certificate of health (issued within the past 6 months) [Form 3]
- Proof of Graduation (2 sheets)(copy of certificate of graduation, diploma, or degree) or a Certificate of Student Status and Proof of Expected Graduation (if the applicant is in college)(Originals or Certified copies)
- Academic Record issued by the university from which applicant graduated (2 sheets)(Originals or Certified copies)
- Certified copy of Passport (if the applicant does not have a passport upon application, a certified copy of the applicant's birth certificate or citizenship certificate will be sufficient)
・Recommendation Letter to in English by the Dean/ Department Chairperson (or person of higher position) of the University Department from which the applicant graduated (No specific form)
・Recommendation Letter to in English by the supervisor (or person of higher position) from which the applicant graduated (No specific form)
・Vietnamese applicants who have a recommendation from Vietnamese Aichi Ryugakusei OB・OG Network (VARONET) to the governor should submit it. [Form 5]
- Passport-sized photos (4 cm by 3cm, taken within the last 6 months. In the photos, the applicant must be facing forward, the upper torso and face must be clearly visible, and the applicant must not be wearing a hat. The applicant's name and nationality must be written on the back of each photo.)(3 pieces)
- Certificate or Proof of your Language Ability (Proof of both English language and Japanese language skill are recommendable.)
- Japanese Translation of "14. Study Plan" and "15. Proposed Work Plan After Completing the Program" on 1) Application Form.
- Japanese Translation of 7) Recommendation Letter to the governor of Aichi Prefecture.
*If you don't have enough Japanese language ability to translate them into Japanese, please ask your prospective supervisor.
7.Application Procedure and other information
Toyohashi University of Technology will set up the Selection Committee in order to select candidates and recommend them to Aichi Prefecture.
The Aichi Scholarship Program Selection Committee will decide recipients among all the candidates recommended by universities in Aichi Prefecture.
The selection results will be announced to the recommending universities by the end of July 2019.
The living allowance for March 2022 will not be paid if a student fails to earn notification of employment by the end of January 2022.
And for the applicants from Toyohashi University of Technology;
- You must find your academic supervisor by yourself, and contact him/her to consult about your research objectives in order to obtain their acceptance.
- Download necessary forms from this page, and prepare all application documents.
- Prepare the translation for necessary parts.(You can prepare it by yourself, or ask your supervisor.)
- Submit to your supervisor with following address by Thursday, 5th April 2018 Friday, 5th April 2019.
Address: Toyohashi University of Technology, Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi, 441-8580, JAPAN
- Documents will not be returned once they are submitted.
- Incomplete documents or applicants submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
International Affairs Division,
Toyohashi University of Technology
*Please add ".tut.ac.jp" at the end of the email address.